WHY JOIN GOLDFISH SWIM SCHOOL?
Making a meaningful difference in the lives of children is what drives us. Watching our swimmers gain confidence, self-esteem and life-changing skills make every day GOLDEN! We look for dynamic individuals who share this passion.If you want to have fun and improve the lives of children in and out of the pool, join our team - you will get back way more then you give!
WE ARE HIRING TALENTED, ENERGETIC, ENGAGING CHILDREN'S SWIM INSTRUCTORS FOR OAKVILLE & BURLINGTON
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides swim instruction based on the Goldfish Swim School curriculum while having fun!
- Enforces safety rules and regulations to prevent accidents. Makes rescues and administers first aid when necessary.
- Evaluates students’ performance to ensure ongoing improvement
- Interacts with parents/guardians on the development of students’ swim skills. Acts as an “ambassador” to ensure parental satisfaction.
- Uses problem-solving/creative thinking skills to identify and resolve challenges that students encounter.
- Inspects pool areas before and after each class for possible maintenance, cleanliness or damage issues. Reports issues to management as appropriate.
- Maintains and ensures proper storage of all pool equipment. Places and removes lane lines.
- Reports accidents and incidents to management. Completes required documentation and paperwork
- Occasionally performs light cleaning duties such as tidying pool area, trash removal etc.
- Participates in training as required.
We require a commitment to work a minimum of (2) shifts per week
Current Lifesaving Society Bronze Cross or NL
Current Standard First Aid with CPR-C and AED
Previous experience delivering high-quality swimming lessons preferred
Flexible schedule to accommodate school or other activities
Staff Referral bonuses
Team building events
Discounts on swim lessons for family members
While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to heat and humidity in the pool area. The noise level is usually moderate. We will provide reasonable accommodation at any time throughout the hiring and employment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please contact the General Manager through the company website and include job title of the role you are interested in, your name and your preferred method of contact.
Looking for a pathway to becoming a lifeguard and Goldfish team member? Check out our Lifesaving and Lifeguarding courses here;
OAKVILLE LIFESAVING COURSES
BURLINGTON LIFESAVING COURSES
All associated locations are independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of that franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchise should be made directly to the franchisee, and not to Goldfish Swim School Corporate.